Woman owned and managed informal retail in Mozambique via Twitter
- “Informal Economy” always means illegal, shadowy, gray.
- High volume of low value cash transactions imply poverty, ignorance, lack of sophisticated money management.
- Operating with a lack of infrastructure and institutions implies ignorance, lack of ambitions and aspirations, and motivation.
- Lack of cash implies lack of purchasing power – particularly in rural settings.
- Lack of formal retail markets and packaged consumer goods implies lack of knowledge, information, and choices.
- Lack of competition, due to all of the above.
- Entering markets where informal retail dominates will be a cakewalk.